Friday, April 15, 2011

Roller Coaster Week!

The past week has been an adventure. I've got my fill of highs and lows, ups and downs.
Started out great with my Suprise Birthday Party my DH threw for me (I'll blog about this later). Emotions were soaring high then till my dad had to be hospitalised due to prolonged fever and low level of oxygen in his blood. They placed him in ICU so they could monitor him for 24hrs. It got so bad that he was dependent on the oxygen machine to breathe. Till now his RBC (cells that carries oxygen throughout our body) is low. Just one day after he was discharged, my DD who has been having fever for more than 4 days were taken into the hospital for a blood test. Long story short, her platelet count is below normal but tested negative for Dengue (she's got it when she was only eight months old). Thank God for that. Both her pediatrician couldn't figure out what was wrong. At the moment, they are settling for viral fever. However they need her to take daily blood test till her results goes back to "normal". Sigh...in the midst of it all, we still managed to celebrate my DH's birthday. We had a great time with our family and friends.

This version is really just a slice of the cake. I left out all the eenie weenie parts like staying up all night to sponge DD and cleaning her puke at 1am and at the same time we tried to set a friend up with another friend...some funny moments in my roller coaster ride.

My only hope is to see change in the horizon....God is my only source of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment