Monday, April 4, 2011

Bizarre Holidays

Two weekends ago, I was thinking of blogging on naming my own bizarre holidays.
When I went in to work the following Monday, I suddenly took notice of my colleague's table calendar that has the extensive list of different types of bizzare holidays celebrated around the world. How weird was that! Swore I have not noticed what was on the calendar before.

Anyway, some of the listed holidays are out-of-the-world bizarre and some makes you go...hmm...seriously?! Who's that genius?! BTW I seriously didn't make these up myself. You can google them.

I've extracted the most bizarre ones out....

8/1 - Bubble Bath Day (can I borrow my neighbour's tub if I don't have one?)
13/1 - Make Your Dreams Come True Day (what if my dream is to travel to the moon?)
29/1 - Fun at Work Day ('coz every other day is a bore!)
5/2 - Bubble Gum Day (Singapore will be upset!)
11/2 - Make a Friend Day (go up to any random stranger?)
20/2 - Love Your Pet Day (what about the rest of the 364 days?!?!)
21/2 - International Mother Language Day (Do I speak in mandarin to the mamak man in the shop?)
24/2 - Inconvenience Yourself Day (but why?! we're moving towards an era that everything must be convenient...no?)
1/3 - Plan a Solo Vacation Day (only if you're a single)
9/3 - Get Over It Day (tell that to your enemy!)
16/3 - Act Happy Day (game face on ppl!Come on!)
18/3 - Forgive Mum and Dad Day (Mum and Dad...you were bad! But I'll forgive you just for today!)
3/4 - International Pillow Fight Day / Tweed Day and Don't Go To Work Unless It's Fun Day (YAY!!!!! I will never have to go to work on my birthday!)
7/4 - No Housework Day (Love it!)
12/4 - Walk on Your Wild Side Day (Oh...Kay....)
16/4 - High Five Day (Let's seal this Million dollar deal with a High Five!)
17/4 - Blah! Blah! Blah! Day (???...How does this even work?)
29/4 - International Dance Day (Yay! Let's Dance!)

Ok...I'm not going to comment on every single one of them....it's just too tiring.

1/5 - Save the Rhino Day / Join Hands Day
5/5 - Cartoonist Day
6/5 - No Diet Day / No Homework Day
11/5 - Eat What You Want Day
18/5 - Visit Your Relatives Day
19/5 - Turn Beauty Inside Out Day
22/5 - International Day for Biological Diversity
24/5 - Brother's Day

16/6 - Fudge Day
23/6 - Let It Go Day
24/6 - Take Your Dog to Work Day
27/6 - Happy Birthday to You Day
1/7 - I Forgot Day
7/7 - Father Daughter Take A Walk Together Day
24/7 - Tell an Old Joke Day

5/9 - Be Late for Something Day
6/9 - Do it! Day
14/10 - Be Bold and Be Free Day
27/10 - Cranky Co-Worker Day
4/11 - Use Your Common Sense Day (Yes,I love this one!)


Considering how bizarre these holidays are...I think of some of my own....

1. All bad drivers stay at home day!
2. Work in the gym instead of your office day.
3. Free movies day!
4. Spend a day with your spouse day!
5. Buy your wife a gift day!
6. Wardrobe makeover day!
7. Pamper yourself day!
8. Wear decent day!
9. No sickness day!
10. Spa / Go for a massage day!
11. Go out and play day!

I actually had a more extensive list in my head the other day...I guess I'll just have to update again later when it all comes back...

No comments:

Post a Comment