Sunday, April 3, 2011

I have arrived!

This is it! I am now officially in my thirties. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!! No longer am I the new arrival....
Being 31 is not that bad....really? says who?!
I looked into the reflection of my mirror...do I have the 'I'm in my thirties' look? OMG! I DO look different  when I was in my 20's. How come I have never noticed the changes??
OH well...cannot complain or rather no point complaining about something I can't change. The fact is, EVERYONE gets older. Beauty product or surgery may help you hide your age but the truth is, the number of years you have lived on this earth Never decreases. The truth is, it adds on every single year...
I'm learning to embrace my age...
A friend once told me (when I was only 24 actually) "You'll love your thirties coz you'll be more stable emotionally, financially and by then you'll have your own personality"....I'm still waiting for that feeling to kick in.
OK OK I should learn to love my age....but I really miss being labelled as " young and free", I miss being hanging out with the youth and not stick out like a sore thumb 'coz I look and behave "older", I miss when everyone addresses me as "Miss" or "Jie" or "Adik" instead of "Mem" as in mdm, "Kakak" and the worst of all...."Auntie"! DO I REALLY LOOK THAT OLD?! or is it just because I'm a mother?!

I would love to say "I love being in my thirties" but until then...I'm still a 23 year old at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment